Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

command line arguements

Help
lee
2007-03-27
2013-05-15
  • lee
    lee
    2007-03-27

I am looking for documentation for jtreeview command line usage.  So far I could only find one place mentioning the "-r" option for reading input ".cdt" file.
    Is there any other arguements I can pass to the program?  I especially would like to know if I can specify the ".gtr" file.  I would like to avoid getting into the source code if possible - that'll be too time consuming.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Alok Saldanha
      Alok Saldanha
      2007-03-28

I am sorry, but there's currently no way to specify the gtr independently. Please feel free to add it to the feature requests tracker. In the tracker, please specify what you think the behavior should be, in particular there is an ordering of rows partly implied by the node structure of the GTR- technically, the N factorial possible row orderings are constrained to the 2^N that are consistent with the tree, allowing for N  node flips.
      The current JTV code displays the rows in the same order as the CDT file, and if it is inconsistent with the tree, it just lets the branches overlap. This is probably not what you want. Rather than choose from the 2^N possibilities, one could generate unique ordering by always putting the left branch on top, for instance. Anyways, just try to be explicit, if/when I get around to it I'll probably do something reasonable.

• lee
        lee
        2007-03-28

thanks for the reply.  Actually I wasn't trying to specify a conflicting gtr file. 

I am integrating JTV into an ASP.NET web page, and I am having trouble displaying the tree correctly from within a web browser. The browser would make a local copy of the .cdt file in some temp. folder (but not the gtr file).  As a result, the JTV can't find the gtr file and therefore displays only the leafs without any branches.  I thought if I could force JTV to look for the gtr file in the original location, I would not have this problem.
        I only see this problem with "Response.Redirect()" call from within the code, and that's what I have to use in order to open the CDT file (or any file) in the client browser. You will NOT see this problem if you just browse to the file and open it manually from the web browser.

I am really surprised to know the command line options are so limited. I'll try to figure out how to add this feature reqeust to the tracker (not sure how yet).

Thanks again.