Help on test jtds-1.3.1.jar file for sql server 2008 r2 database

Help
2013-09-18
2013-09-19
  • Senthil kumar

Senthil kumar - 2013-09-18

Hi,
    I am new to this forum.
    I need to migrate one of the sql database to oracle. I will be using SQL developer tool(on windows x64) to perform this migration. When i installed SQl developer, it pointed me to download jtds-1.3.1-dist for the jdbc driver to sql which i did as well. When i select this jar file in SQL developer it hangs, so now i need to validate my jdbc driver. can you help me how i can configure and test my jtds-1.3.1.jar file on my desktop in windows.

appreciate all your efforts!.

• momo

momo - 2013-09-19

I don't have access to the Oracle SQL Developer so I cannot be of any help here. But maybe the Oracle support would be more helpful anyway, because it isn't really likely that the jTDS driver itself is hanging.

Cheers,
    momo

• Senthil kumar

Senthil kumar - 2013-09-19

It was the issue with the version of sql developer. I overcomed it with latest version of sql developer. but i am still not sure how i can test the jTDS driver itself.
    i followed the steps of readme file forjTDS driver but it didn't help me do a test connection.

thanks for stepping forward with a responce.

• momo

momo - 2013-09-19

Well, okay. Please keep in mind, that I don't know the Oracle SQL Developer, so what exactly is your question? Do you have problems creating a working connection string? Maybe you could add a few screenshots showing where you are stuck?

Cheers,
    momo