Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Problem with jxlayer.jar ?

Developers
flashg
2010-03-15
2013-03-13
  • flashg
    flashg
    2010-03-15

Thank you for the great project.  Just trying to compile the code and understand it a bit more.

But have problem compiling JStock in Netbean, ie.

deps-jar:
    Created dir: D:\home\src\netbean\v6.5.1\JStock\v1.0.5i\build\classes
    Compiling 244 source files to D:\home\src\netbean\v6.5.1\JStock\v1.0.5i\build\classes
    D:\home\src\netbean\v6.5.1\JStock\v1.0.5i\src\org\yccheok\jstock\gui\charting\ChartLayerUI.java:44: package org.jdesktop.jxlayer does not exist
    import org.jdesktop.jxlayer.JXLayer;

Checked that class does exist in jar.  Appreciate any ideas on how to resolve this.

Thanks

• flashg
    flashg
    2010-03-15

Please note that jstock-ext was checked out using -kb switch, and that the checksum of jxlayer.jar is the same as one in released installer.

• raj bommareddy
    raj bommareddy
    2010-03-15

Hi ,
      Its a really great project , I wanted to contribute in bug fixing first I am trying to understand building application.
    CVS code got couple of modules , I  checked out jstock and tried to build but failed with errors.

Can you guys please advise how to build .

thanks,
    Raj

• flashg
    flashg
    2010-03-16

Had to explicitly add jxlayer.jar to Libraries in netbean, which for some unknown reason failed to import the first time round. Everything compiled ok after that.

Anyone managed to do ant build in Eclipse?  Any idea on what needs to be modified in order to do a successful ant build in Eclipse?

• yccheok
    yccheok
    2010-03-16

Good to hear that you are able to compile with no problem. So far, my only IDE is Netbeans. I never try on Eclipse before. But I believe it will work too. Give it a try ;)

• flashg
    flashg
    2010-03-17

Thanks yccheok for the hint.

To make it easier for others who use Eclipse, here are the steps to compile and build JStock in Eclipse v3.5.2.

1)  Create Java project for JStock.

2)  Checkout jstock-ext and place in same parent directory as JStock.

3)  Import external jars from jstock-ext, or from lib directory created during JStock install.  I choosed second option because it is easier to do.

4)  Add following lines to project.properties, making sure you have the required jars in the specified directory.

libs.JXLayer.classpath=../jstock-ext/jxlayer/jxlayer.jar
    libs.junit.classpath=../lib/junit/junit-4.4.jar
    libs.absolutelayout.classpath=../lib/netbean/AbsoluteLayout.jar

5)  Create "Ant Builder" config and specify build.xml as build file.

6)  Disable "Java Builder" if not required.

Good luck!

• raj bommareddy
    raj bommareddy
    2010-03-17

Hi flashg,
    Thanks for your post , I followed your steps 1 , 2, 3 . 
    I edited jstock\nbproject\project.properties  file and added   these properties

libs.JXLayer.classpath=../jstock-ext/jxlayer.jar
    libs.junit.classpath=../jstock-ext/junit-4.4.jar
    libs.absolutelayout.classpath=../jstock-ext/AbsoluteLayout.jar

for step 5 in eclipse how do I generate configuration ? I tried right click  on build.xml and run as Ant build .

But failed to complie anything missing here

• raj bommareddy
    raj bommareddy
    2010-03-17

I tried with net beans 6.8 ,  got these errors
    package org.jdesktop.jxlayer does not exist
    package org.jdesktop.jxlayer.plaf does not exist

I appreciate your help , thanks

• raj bommareddy
    raj bommareddy
    2010-03-17

Finally , I got compiled using netbeans , all you need add JXLayer as a library and point jxlayer.jar file .