Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Adding calculations to Watchlist Window

Developers
runIrish
2012-11-29
2013-03-13
  • runIrish
    runIrish
    2012-11-29

There is a feature request for weighted moving average so I am planning on adding that as well as a weighted moving average for volume to the history graph.

I would also like to add some other data such as price to earnings and volatility calculations to the front page in a table form.
    Does anyone have suggestions about what else to add or about where to get data such as EPS?

Thanks

• yccheok
    yccheok
    2012-12-05

Can you please point out the URL link for "weighted moving average"? I couldn't find it any more :(

Currently, there is technical challenge to obtain fundamental data like EPS, P/E, Dividend yield, as there isn't a reliable source to grab the data from.

• runIrish
    runIrish
    2012-12-06

Here it is:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3414324&group_id=202896&atid=983421

I have the weighted moving average for price graph implemented but it appears as though my main goal will be hard to achieve with the lack of data available. I may try out t some options such as a Python parser but I realize that that will be slower than a direct source.