Option to disable @(...)

2008-01-24
2013-04-29
  • Tommy Ekola
    Tommy Ekola
    2008-01-24

Hello,

I have been working on integrating jsMath with mediawiki (see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:JsMath\) and I have a small problem.

Mediawiki will not let wiki users insert their own html tags on pages for security reasons, but with jsMath you can easily insert arbitrary html tags with the @(...) command inside an hbox environment. I would therefore very much like to be able to turn off this @(...) feature. What I would like is an option like

DisableInsertingHtmlTags = 1;  // Turn off @(...)?

in easy/load.js that would make anything inside @(...) disappear.

Is this something that could be added to the next version of jsMath?

/Tommy Ekola

• Yes, that would be fairly easy to do, and is a good idea.  It might also be nice to have a list of allowed tags rather than just disabling it entirely (though I suppose that would allow people to enter tags without a matching close tag, and that could still be used to mess up the display).  I will add something to the next version of jsMath that allows you to control this better.  I'll also have to filter out &lt;...&gt; since that would get turned into <...> and then parsed as a tag.  So it is a little more complicated that it originally seems.  Anyway, it can be done.

BTW, I have seen your MediaWiki plugin, and it is very nice work.  Thanks for your support of jsMath.

Davide