Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Reappearance of IE page zoom issue (ctrl +/-)

2008-12-05
2013-04-29
  • Mike Pearson
    Mike Pearson
    2008-12-05

Davide,

Sorry about this - I thought we had this one licked, but I'm now seeing incorrect layout of zoomed pages in IE7 using jsMath3.6a with no patches. The problem is apparent on Page > Zoom when viewing http://nrich.maths.org/public/viewer.php?obj_id=6331.

Mike

• No, we didn't have it licked, we just had some workarounds that helped.  We had it working for displayed math, but in-line math can still go wrong, as exhibited in your example. 

My email record indicates that you had been using letter-spacing:0.04em on the enclosing paragraphs and that that helped the issue.  I also see a suggestion of adding zoom:100% to the .typeset style.

The zoom feature in IE7 is so badly broken that I don't see any way to work around it in jsMath.  So many things go wrong that it does not seem a reasonable feature for people to use, and I'm not planing to try to support it.

Davide

• Mike Pearson
        Mike Pearson
        2008-12-07

Davide, yes sorry, I'm going senile, I had forgotten the details of the previous fix and had omitted our end of things when doing the jsMath upgrade.

Mike