signing without Adobe Reader warnings

Help
2012-05-15
2013-04-25
  • Hi,

is there a way to make JSignPDF work with certificates in such a way, that Adobe Reader doesn't complain about:
    * Signer's identity is unknown because it has not been included in your list of trusted identities (etc etc)
    * The signature includes an embedded timestamp but it could not be verified.

(also after signing with JSIgnPDF, Reader complains about a "Annotations Modified text on page 1, but that might be a different issue, specific to our PDFs, so let's postpone that).

I'm trying to automate the signing, but it seems like I'm not using a correct certificate (I think I need a special
    one for signing PDFs). I'm looking to obtain one from an Adobe CDS, but they seem to provide a USB or HSM
    solution which I don't believe I really need. Also, we do not want the receiver of the PDF, to have to perform an action in Reader, like adding to "the trusted list of identities", as they are not that computer-literate.

I think I read in this forum that you Josef are able to sign using a certificate on a smartcard. Can you confirm that when doing that, Adobe reader doesn't complain about the signature, and if it doesn't, could you provide us with some kind of tutorial how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance
    Koen

• Oh by the way, what I forgot to mention is that I try to make this work on Linux.