Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

call E:\dev\bea\weblogic92\server\bin\ant.bat

Help
Sonoerin
2007-09-26
2013-05-28
  • Sonoerin
    Sonoerin
    2007-09-26

I am trying to run the following both on the command line and in Eclipse:

<scp trust="true" file="${archive.dir}/${archive.name}" todir="${userName}:${password}@${ip}:/export/home/dev/deployment"/>

I have the latest ANT downloaded as C:\dev\apache-ant-1.7.0
    In eclipse I have the ANT path set and I can see the ant-jsch.jar in the list
    When I run this from the command line I use:
    C:\&gt;C:\dev\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant -buildfile C:\dev\javadev\R21Web\Ear\build.xml deployToTest

Both return an error message:
    UILD FAILED
    C:\dev\javadev\R21Web\Ear\build.xml:180: Problem: failed to create task or type scp
    Cause: Could not load a dependent class com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo
           It is not enough to have Ant's optional JARs
           you need the JAR files that the optional tasks depend upon.
           Ant's optional task dependencies are listed in the manual.
    Action: Determine what extra JAR files are needed, and place them in one of:
            -C:\dev\apache-ant-1.7.0\lib
            -C:\Documents and Settings\Dev\.ant\lib
            -a directory added on the command line with the -lib argument

Do not panic, this is a common problem.
    The commonest cause is a missing JAR.

This is not a bug; it is a configuration problem

However, if the jar file is in the ANT_PATH and included in the eclipse path, why does it not pick up this particular file?  I do not see a class by the nameof UserInfo. However, if I download the source I see UserInfo.java but not a Scp.java that is referenced in the Ant jar.

• Sonoerin
      Sonoerin
      2007-09-26

I think I answered my own question.  I build the src into a jar called jsch.jar and added it to my %ANT_HOME%\lib and then the command line seems to have worked.  From what I had read, I thought everything I needed was in the jar file included with Apache, I guess not.