Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

crash on selecting a context

Help
rene gueno
2008-03-29
2013-04-09
  • rene gueno
    rene gueno
    2008-03-29

i installed server & client with the delivered general profile. connection and syncronisation worked well. pressing any keys nothings happened (server output window was empty) but by selecting a different context on the mobile the client application crashed and the mobile seemed to be reseted (radio reception was lost for few seconds). the bluetooth connection was lost of course: server output was:
    [INFO] Server running ...
    [INFO] Listening for client connection ...
    [INFO] housekat (housekat) connected ...
    [INFO] Listening for client commands ...
    [ERROR] A server exception has occurred
    [ERROR]
    java.io.IOException: Input stream closed
        at fildiv.jremcntl.server.core.JRemServerProtocol.retrieveCommandID(JRemServerProtocol.java:74)
        at fildiv.jremcntl.server.core.JRemServer.retrieveCommand(JRemServer.java:384)
        at fildiv.jremcntl.server.core.JRemServer.commandListening(JRemServer.java:344)
        at fildiv.jremcntl.server.core.JRemServer.start(JRemServer.java:168)
        at fildiv.jremcntl.server.gui.model.JRemServerDoc$1.run(JRemServerDoc.java:130)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[INFO] Device disconnected
    [INFO] Listening for client connection ...
    [INFO] housekat (housekat) connected ...
    [INFO] Listening for client commands ...

maybe i forgot something or this is a bug? i tried out version 2.0.4 and 2.0.2 but there was no difference.
    OS is WinXP with MS bluetooth stack, mobile is nokia 6300 (JSR-82 capable)
    any suggestions? thanks!

• Filippo
      Filippo
      2008-03-29

hi rene
      have you someone else bluetooth application running on your pc? If yes, try to close it and retry with JRemote Control. I had a similar problem on linux with bluetooth chat service which got in run just after the client connection, this caused an unexpected input stream closing in JRemote Control server.
      Let me know

Filippo

• rene gueno
      rene gueno
      2008-03-29

yes, i've the nokia pc suite installed on my machine. but there's no difference in behaviour by running or closing the nokia suite. and there are no other applications or bluetooth devices connected to my pc.
      however, thanks for recommendation Filippo!

• Filippo
      Filippo
      2008-03-29

try to download the newer bluecove library from http://bluecove.googlecode.com/files/bluecove-2.0.2.jar, rename bluecove-2.0.2.jar in bluecove.jar and copy it in ${JREMHOME}/lib/tp/bluecove in place of the existing file. ${JREMHOME} is the root installation (es c:\program files\jremotecontrol).
      Bluecove is the bluetooth JSR82 library used by jremotecontrol.
      Let me know and thank you very much

Filippo

• rene gueno
      rene gueno
      2008-03-29

ok. i removed the nokia suite completely and installed the new blueclove lib like you described above. but there was no difference. btw only the menu point "Logs" can be selected on the mobile without having a crash. selecting a context from the menu leads to a "whitescreen" of the mobile, afterwards the connection is reseted. i think its more a problem of the client on the mobile then of the server. are there any known problems using nokia phones?

• Filippo
      Filippo
      2008-03-30

i'm using a nokia phone N70 and it works properly. i think it's more a communication problems that causes an expected connection closed on server after phone has sent the command afterwards the client doesn't recover its state properly crashing on changing context. After you have sent a command are you able to read the log selecting log menu item? Finally you could try with another phone (if you have) so we can discover where is the problem.
      Thank you for your time

Filippo 

• rene gueno
        rene gueno
        2008-03-30

sry, i've no other bluetooth capable mobile ó_ò . after sending a command (pressing key) nothing happens (no action, no adidtional log on mobile and no log on server). after selecting another context it crashes and the log is lost. so i can only show you the log after the connection to the server was accomplished:

[Sun Mar 30 23:57:55 GMT+01:00 2008]
        Start inquiry...
        [Sun ...]
        Device discovered : 0009DD507246
        [Sun ...]
        Inquiry [completed]
        [Sun ...]
        Start service search...
        [Sun ...]
        Service discovered on tid 1
        [Sun ...]
        URL=btspp://0009DD507246:1;authenticate=false;encrypt=false;master=false
        [Sun ...]
        Service Search [completed]
        [Sun ...]
        Tot services: 1
        [Sun ...]
        Connected to: btspp://0009DD507246:1;authenticate=false;encrypt=false;master=false

sry that i can't give you more additional infos >_< but maybe there's a debug version of jremcntl or another way getting out some more infos? is it possible building a version which saves the log in such a way that it's not lost after the application crashes?
        thanks!

• Filippo
      Filippo
      2008-03-31

thank you rene,
      i'm going to write a debug version in next week.
      thank you very much.

Filippo

• Filippo
      Filippo
      2008-03-31

Try this:

http://snapshot.bluecove.org/bluecove-examples/bluecove-tester/index.html#Start

it contains instruction to test bluecove on your pc including a server and a midlet.
      Let me know.

Filippo

• rene gueno
      rene gueno
      2008-04-04

\(^_^)/  thank you  \(^_^)/
      the new 2.0.6 is working! ^___________^
      the only mistake i found was in the 2.0.6 windows version the server wants the send.exe binary in "...\JRemoteControl\config\windows\General" and your installer installed it to "...\JRemoteControl\config\windows", please fix it for other users, kthx

i tested with blueclove test app and it seems to work fine also with parallel running pc nokia suite and/or running jremotecontrol.

• Filippo
        Filippo
        2008-04-11

Ok rene,
        thank you very much!!

Filippo

• Rohit
      Rohit
      2008-04-11

Hi,
      I encountered a similar problem with nokia 6300. it used to crash. But it worked perfectly with sony phones and other models of nokia. I'll try testing 2.0.6 with 6300.

Rohit