No *.jrat file created JDK1.4

2008-02-06
2013-04-25
  • Hi,

I've seen a number of messages about the *.jrat files not being created.  I don't have this problem running under JDK1.6 using javaagent - that works fine.

The only time I have problems is when I inject my class using the desktop and run it without javaagent - then it doesn't generate the .jrat files.

I think this is an issue with JDK1.4 only - trouble is, that's what we have to use at work so (I'm at home at the moment on 1.6), is there a solution?

Many thanks,

Dave

• Sorry, forgot to say, running version 1 beta 1 on Vista

• I can confirm with Red Hat that there is no output under Java 1.4.*, but there is output with the javaagent option and Java 1.5+.  For now, we are just profiling with the newer Java; I don't know of a workaround.

• I have the same problem - so I am forced to use the alpha version.

• same problem, it doesn´t generate the .jrat file in jdk1.4

• version 1 beta 1 does not create .jrat file!

• Apologies if this answer is too obvious - I am running java 6 running in Eclipse Ganymede on top of XP, but I didn't get any output files until I set my program to exit on its own after a fixed time.  When I killed it with the red square button, it appears that the JRat shutdown procedure (which I believe is what is writing out the jrat file) was bypassed. 

I understand there might be other problems using JRat in Java 1.4, but, if all else fails, maybe it's worth a try.