Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Russian translation

2008-02-21
2013-04-25
  • Vadim Mirgorod
    Vadim Mirgorod
    2008-02-21

Hi! I think it would be fine if I translate this program on Russian. I have enough expireance in programmin on PHP and C, and have a little programming expireance on Java.

Culd you help me to start? What Java development prgoram I should use and what module/class/data file is needed to translate?

• Hi Vadim!

The idea to translate jQuantum into Russian is great, and I think it is rather easy (well, I admit that I had to refactor the program considerably, since the texts were implemented in the inner of the GUI program.)

The perhaps easiest way is to translate the XML-file "Bundle_en.xml" downloadable on the SVN repository

http://jquantum.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jquantum/trunk/src/jquantum/resources/

(clicking on it and copy it after then clicking "as text") and sending your result to me. If, on the other hand, you want to join the project as a developer, please let me know by e-mail, you can then contribute via SVN (please do not use CVS, the project has migrated, but I yet did not find out how to "switch off" CVS). I work with Eclipse and the Plug-In Subclipse, it works very fine. I also tried out Netbeans (with which I implem,ented the GUI), but I have some problems.

Andreas