jpwsafe multiuser web

Help
2009-01-22
2012-09-17
  • Hi,
    I am just curious about the idea!

Is there any plans to make a "jpwsafe" multi user with centralized database.
    This will be useful in companies providing support, where there is need to store access passwords for the servers and to grant access to certain agents which are responsible for this servers.

Regards,
    Yovko Yovkov

• Igor Rosenberg
      Igor Rosenberg
      2009-05-14

This looks like doing SaaS, based on password safe.... I fear there could be a lot of work to make it scale to many users, but the idea is cool

• David
      David
      2009-02-11

Hi Yovko,

you might say there are even several plans to achieve this.
      First, see bug 2545294 for a network shared file, this will almost certainly be fixed for the next version.
      Secondly, there is Amazon S3 support implemented in the passwordsafe lib now - the GUI is in the works.
      Thirdly there is a plan to add support for Webdav support.

There certainly is no plan to do user accounts or role based access right now.

Cheers,
      David

• Hi Roxon,

thank you for the information!

My idea was to ask for something like Enterprise Password Safe. I mean to be able to store different kind of passwords and grant access to some of people around me with different roles.

This will be more interesting for Enterprise users, as there is no such good tool, and as I see MSP business is going well :-).

Regards,
      Yovko Yovkov

P.S.: I am waiting new version (0.8) to test it as my desktop password tool.