Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Loss of filter when expanding and collapsing

Help
dan
2004-10-21
2013-04-29
  • dan
    dan
    2004-10-21

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing an issue, which seems to be a bug in JPivot (v1.2), with using filters on my dimension.  Currently I have the following :

with member [....]

select { ... } on columns,

NON EMPTY {

Hierarchize(filter({Descendants([CaseSelected])}, [Measures].[ M1 ] > 0))

} ON rows from Case_summary

Which is fine, and produces a nice fully expanded report in which [M1] will be filtered.  However if you collapse a level, and then reexpand it, the filter is lost, and looking at the MDX in Jpivot, it seems that when you collapse a level, it takes a snapshot of what you're looking at then rewrite the MDX forgetting about the filter.  So as such when you expand the collapsed level, the filter is lost.

Is there a work around here?  Has it been fixed in 1.2.1?

Thanks Guys!

Daniel

• Andreas Voss
      Andreas Voss
      2004-10-21

This works as designed - or as implemented. If you expand a member, you see all of its children irrespective of the number of children that you have seen before.

Andreas

• dan
      dan
      2004-10-22

Thanks for the reply,

So is it actually possible to maintain the filter across the results, no matter what the user expands and collapses?

Daniel