Help
P S
2009-11-10
2013-04-29
  • P S
    P S
    2009-11-10

Hello,

I need to catch and display in my jsp page any MDX syntax errors thrown by the jp:xmlaQuery tag; I tried to catch the JspException thrown by the tag but the error is not there (see below) any suggestions?
    As a side note, if I run the query manually from a Java class, I'm able to catch an OlapException with the correct message , that means that JPivot is receiving the error message.

thanks

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: com.tonbeller.jpivot.olap.model.OlapException: Soap Fault code=SOAP-ENV:Client.00HSBD01 fault string=XMLA MDX parse failed fault actor=Mondrian
    detail:
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:521)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:397)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:336)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter$MyHandler.normalRequest(RequestFilter.java:139)
    at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestSynchronizer.handleRequest(RequestSynchronizer.java:127)
    at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:263)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: com.tonbeller.jpivot.olap.model.OlapException: Soap Fault code=SOAP-ENV:Client.00HSBD01 fault string=XMLA MDX parse failed fault actor=Mondrian
    detail:
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:846)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:779)
    at org.apache.jsp.testpage00_jsp._jspService(testpage00_jsp.java:285)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)

• P S
    P S
    2009-11-11

I may have something wrong with my setup, I traced the incoming SOAP message and the fault detail composite is there, still when JPivot gets the fault detail in  XMLA_SOAP with fault.getDetail(), the Detail object returns null (the rest of the SOAPfault object is fine, as you can see in the exception message above).

I'm running Jpivot on JBoss 4.2.3,  JDK 1.6.0_16 , and JBoss WS jars. Any insight from someone who had a similar problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks