Patch for EditCtrlConverter.

Help
2004-10-11
2013-04-29
  • Ati Rosselet
    Ati Rosselet
    2004-10-11

problem  őű etc entered into MDX editor (eg: with member [Measures].[őű] ...) caused an error since the names were html encoded when passed to the parser.

Solution:
    Add:
    import org.apache.commons.lang.StringEscapeUtils;

create variable
    String unescapedValue=StringEscapeUtils.unescapeHtml(inputValue[0]);

and use in place of inputValue[0] in the rest of the class.
    .. tadah.. works fine..
    I think only the texteditor component was affected by this.

Cheers
    Ati

• Ati Rosselet
      Ati Rosselet
      2004-10-11

bugger.. only works for normal accented characters...
      any ideas of how to handle &#337 etc (4 hungarian characters - őŐűŰ...)
      I keep getting them back as o/u with a squiggle on top.. which is NOT what my schema has.. so it gives an error..
      :(

• Ati Rosselet
      Ati Rosselet
      2004-10-15

Andreas, I don't know if anyone else was having problems with the mdx editor component, when using non-iso8859-1 characters...   I was.. and the solution I found that worked the best was to imlpemenet another option for the RequestFilter.. one which allows you to change the response charecterencoding.  The problem was the encoding being used to encode the chareacter submitted by a form..  I looked all over, and pretty much this as the easiest method I found, and configurable via web.xml for any encoding...   Does this make sense?  I can send you the changed filter if you want to take a look.
      Cheers Ati

.. also.. jfreechart 9.1.21 is out.. I'll check to see if it breaks anything...  There are some interesting things that we could use (composite charts are especially nice), just dealing with the data is a toughie (maybe defaults to say 2 series, one on each y axis , or just last series on the other or something.. or... )...

• Andreas Voss
        Andreas Voss
        2004-10-15

Regarding the character encoding, did you play around with the JSP declaration <%@ page session="true" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" %> the HTML head element <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> and the HTML form element <form enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"..>? We currently experience similar problems when embedding greek sigma (&#931; instead of "Sum") into a measure name, so it would be interesting to see your solution to this problem.

Regarding jfreechart 0.9.21, I have adapted JPivot to use that version, I think only a few imports have changed, but its not released yet.

Andreas

• Ati Rosselet
      Ati Rosselet
      2004-10-16

yup... I played around wth the page encoding etc..  not the form enctype element though.   I assume you have, and without much success?
      Cheers
      Ati.