Query object bug...BUG?

2010-08-12
2013-04-29
  • Ati Rosselet
    Ati Rosselet
    2010-08-12

Hi, I've run into a weird situation wherein 2 Mondrian Query objects with the same MDX string from getMdx() evaluate to different results when sent to mondrian.   If I set the mdx query by hand, then it works fine, but when the query is modified by adding a hierarchy, the results are wrong… but only sometimes, and I have ONLY experienced this when using roles with partial rollups.  It seems as though when mondrian parses from an MDX, then it sets the LimitedRollupMembers etc correctly by role, but somewhere along the line of adding a hierarchy, the role is not taken into account, and if I see correctly the cache is populated without restrictions.   I have no idea where to start looking for the problem, so currently I have just implemented a small change so that for each time jpivot would send the query to mondrian, it extracts the required MDX from the Query object and then creates a new object and parses the mdx into it.  This fixes the problem, but is not a long term resolution.

Cheers
    Ati

U.I.   sometimes I swear I'm the only one who actually uses roles :D

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2010-08-12

I can almost swear that you are in the wrong forum :D

• Ati Rosselet
    Ati Rosselet
    2010-08-12

whatever makes you think that? :)  I'm just not sure if its a mondrian problem, or on the jpivot side, and since the developer forum is empty (2 messages, 1 by me a while back), well… here I am..  and I'm actually a committer on JPivot… so not a complete newbee :))  Just fixed a couple irritating (to me.. who actually uses roles) mondrian role-related bugs.. so on a roll…. *sigh*..

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2010-08-12

Very sorry sir. My mistake. I did not read the forum owner name in my mailing list. I thought it was my home project elsewhere. No wonder yours look silly at first. Now it is me that is absolutely silly! Pardon!