JPivot api detailed information

2008-04-04
2013-04-29
  • Hi All,

I want to understand the logical control flow across JPivot classes and packages when different controls (e.g. cube navigator, drill-through etc.) on the JPivot web application page (e.g. http://localhost:8080/jpivot/testpage.jsp?query=colors\) are clicked.

I also need to understand the API design of JPivot at sufficiently low level. What is the intent of having adaptor classes in parallel to Mondrian model and how its been implemented.

If this level of detailed documentation can be purchased, I'm more than happy to pay for it.

-Madhav

• OK, just by going through the page...

http://jpivot.sourceforge.net/temp-N10078.html

...I know the answer to one of my questions:

>>What is the intent of having adaptor classes in parallel to Mondrian model and how its been implemented.

I'm still looking for help/pointers for my other questions.

-Madhav

• Hans Baier
        Hans Baier
        2008-04-04

To support multiple backends, currently: Mondrian and XMLA

• Julian Hyde
          Julian Hyde
          2008-04-04

> To support multiple backends, currently: Mondrian and XMLA.

Note that now olap4j is available and there are drivers for both mondrian and XMLA, in principle we could replace the mondrian and XMLA backends and with a new olap4j backend. This was one of my goals in creating olap4j.

Julian

• Andreas Voss
            Andreas Voss
            2008-04-04

Because the interfaces are there, it should be straight forward to implement olp4j support into JPivot (and then drop the current Mondrian and XMLA implementations). So it could be done, but unfortunately it hasn't been done yet.

Andreas

• Hans Baier
      Hans Baier
      2008-04-04

If you have API questions....
      We gathered some experience.
      How about paid support?

• Hi Hans,

I'm quite OK with paid help/support. Just to make myself more clear, my objective is to get high level understanding of packages and classes in JPivot(and WCF as it is the rendering component) and the exact flow of control starting from user actions (clicking OLAP cube navigator button, drill-through button etc.) to all the methods of classes concerned.

Please let me know your plans freely at my e mail at [rrmadhav at gmail dot com]

-Madhav