Menu

New project based on JPivot's codebase

Xavier Cho
2012-09-28
2013-04-29
  • Xavier Cho

Xavier Cho - 2012-09-28

Hi all,

I'd like to let you know that I just started a new open source project based on JPivot and Olap4J in case you're interested.

http://mysticfall.github.com/pivot4j/

It's basically a streamlined JPivot with its backend replaced with Olap4J, which intended to serve as a generic pivot grid model for any GUI implementations.

It's still very early stage in development and currently lacks any concreate frontend implementation. However most of the major features of JPivot like drill down, sorting, etc are working now.

As, it's largely based on the existing codebase of JPivot, I'd like to express my gratitude for enabling me to work and try to improve on this excellent project to the original developers.

Please feel free to leave a message in our forum if you have any question or suggestion.

Thanks!

Xavier

• Xavier Cho

Xavier Cho - 2013-02-04

After 4 months of development it reached version 0.6 which covers most of the JPivot's functionalities and includes a fully working sample application which has comparable feature set to the original jpivot.war application.

I hope the it could gain more momentum soon and acknowledged as a viable alternative and successor to the original project.

• Julian Hyde

Julian Hyde - 2013-02-04

I'll mention it on the Mondrian developers list. There are still a lot of JPivot fans out there.

Does Pivot4J work against Mondrian 4? It would be great if it did - because I don't think anyone is willing to take on the task of making JPivot compatible with Mondrian 4.

• Xavier Cho

Xavier Cho - 2013-02-04

Thanks for the mention of Pivot4J on the mailing list!

I tried to update the pom.xml to reference Mondrian 4.x, but for some reason it fails to resolve transitive dependencies so I used the latest 3.x version instead.

But as Pivot4J depends wholly on Olap4J for communicating with Mondrian and as it's already updated to use Olap4J 1.1.0 - great project btw :) - so I don't think there would be much problem if it supports Mondrian 4.0.

If you could help me with the transitive dependency issue, I'll try it with Mondrian 4.0 and report the result immediately.