Pre-release 1 of jpicedt 1.4 is out. For testing purpose only.
Before installing along a 1.3.2 (or older) release, please remove or rename your .jpicedt preferences directory, otherwise jPicEdt might get confused on start-up, because many things have changed since release 1.3.2. Several versions may coexist nicely on the same computer however, yet as long as the current preferences directory is the one that was created by the version you'd like to run (hence this may require some manual renaming of preferences directories when switching between 1.3.2 and 1.4-pre). We know this is annoying. This point will be worked out as of jPicEdt 1.4 production-release.
To install, simply type "java -jar jpicedt-install-1_4_pre_1.jar" in a Unix-shell/DOS-box, or double-click the JAR file (you don't need to be root to install).
Bug report should be carried out using SourceForge.net bug tracking facility. Just visit the following link:
and submit your bug.
Any question or feature request should be submitted to jpicedt-users@...
Archive are available at the following address:
For an extensive list of changes made since relase 1.3.2, read the CHANGES.txt file bundled with the source package. From the user side, these include:
- new objects: extensible Bezier curves, smooth-polygon, parallelograms, circles defined by three points, polydots with every attribute supported by PsTricks.
- except where filling and stroking with colours is concerned, all these objects are available in the LaTeX-picture and Eepic format as well, possibly using emulated lines and arcs.
- new editing capabilities: rotations, including text ; shearing (ellipses) ; Bezier curves editing tool ; PsTricks custom parameters.
- improved code efficiency and API reliability for those willing to write BSH macros.
- improved object painting, especially where editing is concerned.
- JPIC-XML: this is jPicEdt's native format, inspired from (though not compatible with) SVG-XML. This suppresses the need for special formatting comments in LaTeX files, and as a result greatly simplifies the implementation of LaTeX/Pstricks/eepic/... formatters.
jPicEdt development team.