Replacement of Intel IJL JPEG library
This version replaces the Intel JPEG library by Turbo JPEG (tjpeg, http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/)
The replacement has many reasons:
- The Intel library license was not an open source type license
- Newer versions of the Intel library are not free of charge. The old versions are not supported by Intel anymore.
- Some JPEG files could not be read by the Intel library. tjpeg can read these files.
- There is no free 64 bit version of the Intel library.
(This is important for the future when there may be a 64 bit version of JPEGView)
The tjpeg library is open source and (at least on modern CPUs) performs comparable to the Intel library. It is used by many other viewers and several Linux distributions.
Note that tjpeg including lossless JPEG transformations has been statically linked to JPEGView. Therefore the application has grown by 300 KB. However the total size of the package is lower than before because IJL15.dll and jpegtran.exe are no longer needed.
- When a folder is called 'pictures.jpg' for example, JPEGView no longer tries to process this folder as image
- Exposure time display: When nominator and denominator are both big numbers, a fractional value is shown instead of bigNum/bigDenum
- Reading slideshow list files (txt) encoded with UTF-8 and UTF-16 (little endian only) correctly
- Reading slideshow list files (txt) using uppercase file endings for image files correctly
- Lossless JPEG transformations integrated into JPEGView. The jpegtran.exe application is no longer part of the distribution of JPEGView.
- Basque translation, thanks to Xabier Aramendi
- Chinese translation, thanks to Yia Guo
- Keymap.txt now also supports to remap mouse buttons to commands.
- New INI file setting: 'TrimWithoutPromptLosslessJPEG'. Set to true to trim image before lossless JPEG transformations if needed without prompting the user for each image.
- New INI file setting: DefaultWindowRect=sticky to save and restore the window size and position in window mode
- New INI file setting: 'SingleInstance'. Set to true to open all images in one single instance (window) of JPEGView.
- New INI file setting: 'ShowBottomPanel'. Set to false to disable showing the bottom panel when hovering with the mouse on bottom part of window/screen.
Default is true (as before, was not configurable).
- New INI file setting: 'MaxSlideShowFileListSizeKB'. Sets maximum size of slide show text files in KB.
- New INI file setting: 'ForceGDIPlus'. If true, use GDI+ for reading JPEGS. Note that using GDI+ is much slower than the tjpeg library!
- New command line parameters:
/slideshow xx Starts JPEGView in slideshow mode, xx denotes the switching time in seconds. Only use when providing a file name, folder name or file list on the command line as first parameter.
Example: jpegview.exe "filelist.txt" /slideshow 2
/fullscreen Starts JPEGView in full screen mode, ignoring the INI file setting that is currently active
/order x Forces file ordering mode 'x', ignoring the INI file setting that is currently active. 'x' can be M, C, N or Z, for the file ordering modes:
jpegview.exe c:\pictures /slideshow 2 /order z
Shows a slideshow of the files in the folder "c:\pictures" using random ordering and an interval of 2 seconds.
- Because the tjpeg static library cannot be linked with VS2005, JPEGView is now compiled with VS2010. If you are using Windows XP before SP2, install SP2 or keep using version 1.0.26.