Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Refocus window when using single instance?

Help
Kevin King
2014-04-17
2014-09-12
  • Kevin King
    Kevin King
    2014-04-17

Just wondering if there's a way to refocus the window when using single instance. Obviously when using multiple instances the new windows opened gain focus, but when using single instance opening a new picture will not refocus the the JPEGView window.

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2014-04-17

I have no solution, but the same issue.
    Every time I forget to exit JPEGView, a double-clicked pic anywhere in the Windows system does not seem to open JPEGView. Until I remember that it might be open already. So I Alt-Tab my way through to it, and sure enough, the picture opened correctly, but JPEGView kept it in the background.

ReloadWhenDisplayedImageChanged=true
    is set to true, of course. But it still does not seem to reload, or maybe reload is not the same as "bring window to front" but I don't know what other ini-setting to try out.

Last edit: Stefan 2014-04-17
  • David Kleiner
    David Kleiner
    2014-09-12

I tried to request focus but Windows blocks it. Since many versions, Windows blocks focusing requests from applications and just blinks them in the taskbar. Because that does not help much I do not request focus at all and let Windows decide on focus.
    David