ESC hotkey and "Empty Directory" state

Max
2014-07-28
2014-12-06
  • Max
    Max
    2014-07-28

Hello.
    When I press ESC hotkey, then JPEGView shutdown — it's okay.
    But, when JPEGView in "Empty Directory" state (view attachment), then ESC hotkey overwritten (overlaps) and do not work (JPEGView not shutdown).
    Please, fix it.

Last edit: Max 2014-07-28
    Attachments
  • Stefan
    Stefan
    2014-07-30

Yes, confirmed. I also have the same issue. After deleting the last pic in a folder, the only way to exit is via the menu.

This must have been introduced in one of the later versions. I am sure it did work as expected a while back.

• David Kleiner
    David Kleiner
    2014-09-12

That is really annoying, I corrected it for the next version.
    Limitation: Only works when exit is mapped to ESC.

David

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2014-09-15

Limitation: Only works when exit is mapped to ESC.
    Sure. That's the way it was before, if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for fixing it.

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2014-12-04

Any chance for a patch any time soon? Not meaning to be pushy, but when cleaning out folders the other day, it got quite irritating afer a while.

• David Kleiner
    David Kleiner
    2014-12-04

The patched version is released today.

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2014-12-05

Thanks. How do I get rid of the title bar and the border frames?
    It's very distracting, especially with colorful Windows schemes.

• David Kleiner
    David Kleiner
    2014-12-06

Use fullscreen. In windowed mode there is of course a title bar and border frames according to the OS window style.

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2014-12-06

Hmm. It used to start up in fullscreen by itself after dbl-clicking a pic (it's my portable default viewer). Doesn't look like windowed mode, it's always screen-filling, completely maxes out screen space on various monitors, but with bars and frames as if it were windowed mode.

Turns out I have to press F11 TWICE to get back to the old way of no-frame, not title bar. But next time around (after ESC = cancel, then browsing the next pic folder) it s the framed view again. F11 twice, and so on...