Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

How to optimize the Renaming operation of the currently displayed image?

2014-03-22
2014-03-29
  • Kej Zemunski
    Kej Zemunski
    2014-03-22

I find that I do a great number of Renaming operations on my images. I'm sure others feel as well that it is a lot of work...

I've already mapped F2 (to stay consistent with Windows) to pop up the Batch copy dialog. However, it would be nice if the currently displayed image were ALREADY SELECTED (tick box) in that dialog and I could just hit the Rename button and be done! I have a standard mask already filled-in.

As it is, I first have to locate the current file's name in the list, which is a lot of work with meaningless names like PIC02349024430.JPG. For lots of files, it's great, but most of the time I focus on what I see -- the currently visible image.

If this is not feasible, would it be possible to define a "IDM_RENAME_CURRENT_FILE" function that, mapped to a key, would jump to the bottom of the currently viewed image and put keyboard focus on the Rename input box? I can do that with the mouse, but the beauty of JPEGView is that it's so well optimized for us keyboard freaks.

Thanks for considering this.

• David Kleiner
    David Kleiner
    2014-03-23

The batch copy dialog should be used for batch copying only.
    The next version will have an IDM_RENAME command that you can map to a key.
    By default it is not mapped.
    It will show the bottom panel and put keyboard focus on the rename input box.
    If you map that to F2, you will be able to rename quickly by using the keyboard only.

David

• Kej Zemunski
    Kej Zemunski
    2014-03-29

Thanks! I mapped it to F2, of course, so it's consistent across dozens of other Windows programs.