Hello. How can I override Jose java version check:
Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or later required !
Your current version is 1.11.3
Please download Java Runtime Environment from
or download the latest jose release from
I'd like to be able to try out Jose on my Debian linux system, but I need to keep Sun's JRE off of that system. Instead, I'm using the highly-Sun-JRE-compatible SableVM version 1.11.3:
% java -version
SableVM version 1.11.3
- compile date and time: 2005-04-12 06:26:04 UTC
- gcc version: 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-8)
- 'real life brokenness' features enabled
- signal based exception detection
- copying garbage collection
- bidirectional object layout
- inline-threaded interpreter
Thank you for any pointers to a solution.
unfortunately, there's currently no way to bypass the version check in jose. I will add that option to the next release.
In any case, I can't garantuee that jose will run with your JRE. I recommend running jose with a bundled copy of the Sun JRE. It takes about 60 MB of disk space and won't interfere with other installed software.