Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
What is about system-wide installation?
At the moment jose uses config-subdir in
workDir in order to save the actual configuration.
With respect to system-wide installations
I think that it is better to put the config-Dir
into the user-directory.
I tried to compile jose-144-source and got
the following errors:
The type org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFMtxEntry is not visible
jose/de/jose/util/print line 40
The method getGlyphMetrics() is undefined for the type TTFFile AWTReader.java jose/de/jose/util/print line 219
TTFMtxEntry cannot be resolved to a type AWTReader.java jose/de/jose/util/print line 219
The import de.jose.devtools cannot be resolved ExportDialog.java jose/de/jose/window
The last error can be eliminated by commenting
out the corresponded line, but the other error
seem to be cruical.
In all tested versions of fop
(i tried 0.20.5, fop-0.90alpha1, fop-0.91beta)
the class org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFMtxEntry
is not public! The method getGlyphMetrics
is not definded in org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile
(resp. in org.apache.fop.fonts.trutype.TTFFile
(new fop-Versions)). Which version of fop
should be used?
Thanks for the input.
There actually is a user-specific configuration file. It's located at ~/.jose.user.preferences and contains things like window layouts, colors, etc.
The configuration files in jose/config contain global settings. One could argue if some of them were better configured at user-level (e.g. engine settings). But most of them are in the right place, I think.
If you like to use user-specific databases, you can do so by setting the datadir=... switch on the command line, like:
java -jar jose.jar datadir=~/chess-database
If you have a one database for all users, don't forget to grant write access to the directory.
As to the compilation problem: you can compile against lib/fop-plus.jar which is basically FOP 0.20.5 (compiled from sources) plus some classes from Batik.
(jose needs only very few classes from Batik, that's why I packed them into a new jar file, instead of distributing the huge Batik jar file).