Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Workaround for "Taking back moves" bug?

maystorm
2006-12-02
2013-04-24
  • maystorm
    maystorm
    2006-12-02

I'm really struggling with an annoying problem which leaves Jose almost unusable for me. :-(

Please refer to following bug report: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1602757&group_id=60120&atid=493133

That is, whenever I try to take back a move in a loaded game I get an "Unexpected error".

Would anybody know of any workaround for this problem? Any hints highly appreciated!

Regards,
    Sascha

• maystorm
      maystorm
      2006-12-07

As I start wondering:

Is there anybody for whom the "Undo last move" button *does* actually work?

• maystorm
      maystorm
      2006-12-31

Hi!

I don't want to annoy this board, however, would somebody be so kind to try taking back a move from a loaded game and then report here whether it is working for him/her or not?

TIA!

• Marc M.
      Marc M.
      2006-12-31

Hi,

I tried it and I found no problems (jose 1.4.4, windows xp, java 1.6).

• Marc M.
      Marc M.
      2006-12-31

Sorry, thats wrong,
      actually I see the same problem but why do you want to "take back" a move (red button) instead of simply going back (green button) (and then starting the engine again for example)?

• maystorm
      maystorm
      2007-01-01

I seemed to remember that I already tried this alternative but that I also got crashes after having made a new move.
      However, just checked it again and it seems to work (except that the move list gets a bit corrupted as it doesn't properly remove old moves, but this is a minor/cosmetic issue). So, it looks like a good workaround. Thanks!

• maystorm
      maystorm
      2007-01-27

Unfortunately, this workaround doesn't work as crashing then happens when trying to save the game. :-(

As it seems to me that this project is not supported anymore I'll have to look for other programs. Although José is very advanced otherwise. What a pity that it still has those critical bugs.