Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I'd like to start my own database on my computer. On the site that i play on it has all my games listed online, but id like to be able to analys on the go and be able to use computer engines to help me become better player.
[Event "ChessCube Game"]
1. e4 d5 2. exd5 Qxd5 3. d4 Nc6 4. Nf3 e5 5. Nc3 Qd8 6. dxe5 Qxd1+ 7. Nxd1 Nge7 8. Bb5 Bg4 9. Bxc6+ Nxc6 10. O-O Bxf3 11. gxf3 Nxe5 12. Bf4 Nxf3+ 13. Kg2 Nh4+ 14. Kg3 Nf5+ 15. Kg4 g6 16. Bxc7 Rc8 17. Be5 Bg7 18. Bxg7 Nxg7 19. Re1+ Ne6 20. Nc3 O-O 21. Nd5 f5+ 22. Kf3 Nd4+ 23. Ke3 Nxc2+ 24. Ke2 Nxe1 25. Ne7+ Kg7 26. Nxc8 Rxc8 27. Kxe1 Rc2 28. Rd1 Rxb2 29. Rd7+ Kh6 30. f4 a6 31. a4 b5 32. axb5 axb5 33. Rb7 Kh5 34. Rxh7+ Kg4 35. h4 Kxf4 36. Rh6 g5 37. hxg5 Kxg5 38. Rb6 Kf4 39. Kd1 Ke4 40. Kc1 Rb4 41. Kc2 Rc4+ 42. Kb3 Rc5 43. Kb4 Re5 44. Rf6 f4 45. Rf8 Rf5 46. Rg8 f3 47. Rg1 Ke3 48. Rg3 Ke2 49. Kc3 f2 50. Rg2 Ke3 51. Rxf2 Kxf2 52. Kb4 Rd5 53. Kb3 Ke3 54. Kb4 Kd4 55. Ka5 Kc4 56. Kb6 b4 57. Kc7 b3 0-1
This is the format that i get from my site, how do i create a new game and start my own data base.
Thank you very much
I wanted to write the exact link that points to a discussion that address your question, but this site won't let me do it so I will have to paste the whole discussion below. My own short answer to your question is that you open up the board window and play through the moves, then you save the game and can analyze with an engine you have installed. I hope this helps.
2005-10-28 20:30:47 EDT
I have two questions about how to import stuff into Jos�.
1) Most chess programs understand PGN when imported from the clipboard in a regular copy/paste procedure. But when I try it with Jos� it does paste the game notation but somehow it does not "see" is as a game, I can't follow the moves, Jos� doesn't see the moves.
2) I'm also looking for a practical way to import chessbase databases. I guess I'll need a chessbase-pgn converter. Well, I'm on OS X, any suggestions? or does Jos� can handle that for me?
I run Jos� on OS X 10.3.9
peterschaeferProject AdminAccepting Donations
2005-10-30 13:12:23 EST
(1) I don't quite understand your problem.
You can paste the notation but you can't play the moves ?
If the notation is displayed with a blue font, Jose interprets them as commentary text, which can't be replayed. In that case, check that the pasted text really is in PGN format.
If the notation is displayed with a black font, you should be able to replay them … unless there is a bug or something …
(2) Unfortunately, Jose can't handle ChessBase files.
The file format is proprietary and ChessBase choose not to make it openly available.
There used to be a converter for the old CBF format, but I can't tell you where to look for it.
2005-10-30 19:06:04 EST
The blue font vc black font made things easier to me. I only tried command+V and using the edit menu- paste command to import pgn from clipboard into Jose. And it only will give me blue font (commentary). Right-clicking in the notation panel brings the paste pgn option into view. Now it's easy but I think including the paste-pgn option in the menu wouldn't hurt the interface.
2005-12-01 18:43:26 EST
There is a program on the mac called exachess. If you have a cbf chess database, it can convert it to pgn. You can also try using Chessbase on the mac via virtual pc or perhaps you can get hold of Chessbase 1.1 for the mac. If you have a chessbase database and the chessbase program, the easiest way is to do a pgn export inside chessbase itself."