Documentation

Xharze
2008-12-03
2013-04-16
  • Xharze
    Xharze
    2008-12-03

How is the updating of the documentation progressing?

Regards,

Xharzej

• UeliHofstetter
      UeliHofstetter
      2008-12-03

hi there,

i started working on it a while ago, unfortunately the work got stuck. there are two reasons therefore: i wanted to wait until ferra has done his changes and i didn't find enough time the last two months.

anyway: there will be a semester break in the new year where i actually projected to work on it.

kind regards

u

• Xharze
        Xharze
        2008-12-03

No problem, just asking...
        I understand why you are waiting for ferra to complete his work, otherwise you would rewrite again and again. Please let me know if I can help you with anything

• UeliHofstetter
          UeliHofstetter
          2008-12-03

hi,

of course you can help ... ;-)

imho the three most important things with regard to documentation are:
          1. clean up the code. there is still a lot of undocumented, sometimes duplicated code. the most nasty thing is the fact that there is still code for the multithreaded and the single threaded mode. imho we should decide for which one to go and to factor out the other. i prefer the single threaded mode since it is much easier to understand and to debug.

2. implement a good debugging "framework" (eg. use the logging api consistently, write a visual debugger whatever)

3. provide good code examples for every feature we have (eg. how to use the validationframework, the plugins etc.) a lot of code is already there but it is kind of a mess.

4. the latex doc. is in the cvs source tree (doc.Latex_doc folder), feel free to update it ;-)

btw. what about restricting the annony. access to the forum as we discussed earlier?

cheers

u

• UeliHofstetter
      UeliHofstetter
      2008-12-04

• ferra4models
      ferra4models
      2008-12-06

I'm more or less done. Very few changes that are not committed, so you should not wait for me really. Only material change will be to EKF FFN, RTRL won't change.

Regards
      MG
      http://www.ferra4models.com