Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Killer Server App

Anonymous
2012-04-23
2013-05-28

• Anonymous
    2012-04-23

A killer app for the TV would be to have a app in a "server" Windows/Linux that would:

- send remote keys for any feature of the TV (example: change to PC MODE), and receive via HTTP commands for the 2k09/10 TVs
    - send alert to the TV when a Skype/SIP call comes to the PC(server) with the possibility to change to the PC to answer the call.

Anyone has more request? ;)

• Matthias Ihmig
    Matthias Ihmig
    2012-06-10

Feel free to start - everything that is needed API-wise is available :-)

Regarding request: I'd like to have Now/Next and a nicer EPG as overlay ;)

• user2k9
    user2k9
    2012-06-11

What about killer TV app?

I want remote's keys forwarding to PC (while in PC mode), IPTV (through IGMP multicast), Skype/SIP notification.
    And I don't like slow TV's GUI written on Flash.

• Matthias Ihmig
    Matthias Ihmig
    2012-06-11

If you mean by PC-mode "HDMI is active input", I think an (empty) jointspace overlay should work also for other active inputs. So, activate HDMI, then start a remote Jointspace application and you should receive the remote keys.
    Another option would be to use on of these USB-HDMI-CEC interfaces. Afaik, at least a subset of the key presses should be passed through HDMI-CEC.

Regarding IPTV: What you could try: use an external UPnP control point and set&start  the IPTV URI on the TV. If you're lucky, it already works and just the browsing capability is missing.

Skype/SIP notification: If you can write a Skype plugin, have a look at JSTx and do it. Same for any SIP client :-)

• user2k9
    user2k9
    2012-06-12

It's not possible to grab all keys using DirectFB. External IPTV hardware requires its own remote.
    There are a lot of ideas about TV's firmware improvement. The first step is already made - telnet access to TV is working.
    Next step is to shutdown running software correctly and run it from USB.

• What do you mean that "telnet access to TV is working"?
    Do you have telnet access to your TV?

• user2k9
    user2k9
    2012-06-13

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2012.06.12 11:45:00 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    / # cat /proc/cpuinfo
    system type             : NXP PNX8543/TV543
    processor               : 0
    cpu model               : MIPS 4KEc V6.8
    BogoMIPS                : 359.62
    wait instruction        : yes
    microsecond timers      : yes
    tlb_entries             : 32
    extra interrupt vector  : yes
    hardware watchpoint     : yes
    ASEs implemented        : mips16
    VCED exceptions         : not available
    VCEI exceptions         : not available

/ # uname -a
    Linux 192.168.1.2 2.6.18_pro500-pnx8xxx-TV520-001 #1 Fri Jul 10 15:59:45 CEST 2009 mips GNU/Linux
    / # exit

• How have you achieved that?
    Can you provide some instructions to also telnet into my TV?
    I have a 2010 model (9705).

Thanks.