- Many bugs have been fixed, including a number of critical ones:
- Left arrow in menus sometimes caused a core dump.
- ESC c (compile) caused core dump or missed saving some files.
- Multi-file search & replace core dumps with 'e' option.
- ^XC in jmacs sometimes missed asking to save some files.
- This version has been test compiled to be warning free on many systems,
Irix 6.5, HPUX-11i, FreeBSD 5.4, NetBSD 3.0, Hp Tru64 5.1b,
Cygwin, Linux, S/390, Itanium, Alpha, x86, MIPS, PA-RISC.
- Query windows now expand to multiple lines if necessary
- Single key queries are now internationalized (set local versions in the
- Spell check language can be set in the editor
- New syntax highlight files: m4, joerc
- New debug window for .jsf file syntax errors.
- Macros can be typed at the ESC X prompt (before it used to accept only
- Built-in joerc file allows joe to run even if /etc/joe directory is
missing: now you can run the editor with just the binary file.
- Support for 'long long' allows editing parts of files larger than 4GB.
For example, you can say: joe /dev/hda,0x100000000,0x1000 to edit the 4KB
block at offset 4GB of a hard drive.
- There is now an option which allows you set how many undo records to keep.
- You can give a path to the tags file in the TAGS environment variable.