Menu

Release Plan for JOE 3.6

2008-06-06
2013-05-02
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello all,

since the last release of joe two years have passed. It's time for a new release.
    Joe is a stable product that does not need new bells and whistles every 6 month,
    but I think in the last 24 month there arrived enough bug reports, patches and feature
    requests to justify a new release.

What do you think?

Which features from the "Bugs", "Wishlist" and "Fixes" pages would you like to see
    included in joe 3.6?

Is there a Project-Admin out there, who is willing to publish a new version?

My suggestions:

* Include all patches that fix problems that actually crash joe or are obviously wrong.
    * Add syntax-highlighting configs for new languages
    * Add features based on voting.
    * Include patch 1775302 (That's my patch ;-)

Yours
    stefan_fkp@sf

PS. And could please someone remove the spam from the mailing list archive.

• Joe Allen

Joe Allen - 2008-10-24

I've been working on it.  I've applied just about all of the patches to JOE (in CVS) and am now working through the reported bugs.  I hope to release it this weekend.

One thing I did is branch the co-routine version of JOE (stuff in CVS).  Now there is a directory called main/ with JOE 3.5 plus the patches.  I'm going to call this JOE 3.6 and release the coroutine version some time in the future.  I've been applying the patches to both versions.

• Joe Allen

Joe Allen - 2008-10-27

JOE 3.6 has been released!

There are many improvements left undone and the number of fixes in this release is huge, so I suspect that another release will be coming relatively soon.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Many thanks for further improving an already excellent editor!

Ron

• Charles J. Tabony

Awesome work by Joe and many contributors!  Time to install the new version at work.  How long does it usually take Cygwin to pick up the release?  That's what I use at home.