Support for multikey on button

Support
Mte90
2012-08-03
2013-08-29
  • Mte90
    Mte90
    2012-08-03

it's possible add on a button a text to insert when i click?
    example:
    i click on 01 button and this insert on text label hello.
    It's possibile?
    This driver are spectacular!

• Michael Speth
    Michael Speth
    2012-08-03

The current method for setting a description is to use the pulldown and select "description".

Are you asking for a new mode of setting the description fields?

• Mte90
    Mte90
    2012-08-04

no, i ask if it's possible that when i click on a button and the focus are in a text area write a phrase.
    On linux i want to use for simplify the written of command.
    i want to use Nostromo as a second keyboard with preconfigured text.
    now if i click the button and the focus are in text area write the key (as any keyboard).
    I am sorry for my English XD

• Michael Speth
    Michael Speth
    2012-08-04

Ah, are you describing macro's?

• Mte90
    Mte90
    2012-08-07

err XD
    yes XD
    my english is not perfect XD
    sorry XD

• Michael Speth
    Michael Speth
    2012-08-07

At this time, I don't have plans for including macro's because the jnostromo drivers are designed to be tournament legal.

• merlinus
    merlinus
    2013-06-07

Hi there. Thank you for putting together the driver. I would like to be able to hit a key and have Ctl+1 or Alt+1 or Shift+1 (etc) be sent. Is this not possible with jnostromo? I'm not sure that would be considered a macro, necessarily.

• Michael Speth
    Michael Speth
    2013-06-07

I have included this feature in Keyboarding Master. https://sourceforge.net/projects/kbmaster/

I agree with you, its not a macro and shouldn't violate any E-Sports rules. The development now is on Keyboarding Master though. Its currently in Beta and requires some additional work (some performance issues at the moment).

• Andy Fundinger
    Andy Fundinger
    2013-08-29

Perhaps a "non-tournament mode?" I really just want to use the keypad for programming, not gaming. What I want to do is hit one button and get "Meta-Ctrl-X" or whatever so I can map that to a feature in the ide.

• Michael Speth
    Michael Speth
    2013-08-29

That feature is implemented in Keyboarding Master: https://sourceforge.net/projects/kbmaster/

Keyboarding Master is now the successor to jnostromo.