Patch to avoid TestSuites SecurityException

2009-08-11
2013-04-26
  • Hello, I have made a patch for JMUnit 1.2.1 CLDC 1.1 that allows to execute TestSuites on simulators/emulators and devices that throw a SecurityException like Nokia ones.

The patch basically removes MIDlet from Test inheritance chain (the class Assertion no longer extends MIDlet).

You could download it and know a bit more at the project's page at http://sites.google.com/site/franciscobenitezleon/projects/jmunit-revised

Cheers,
    --
    Francisco Benitez Leon
    * Email: francisco.benitez.leon@gmail.com, fbl.albatross@gmail.com
    * Site:    sites.google.com/site/franciscobenitezleon
    * Blog:   franciscobenitezleon.wordpress.com

• CA Meijer
      CA Meijer
      2009-08-25

Hi Francisco,

Thanks. Your documentation is very good.  I look forward to trying it.

Regards,
      Carl

• Hello Carl,

I hope you find it useful. I have been using JMUnit for a while and thought this was the best way to thank you for your effort.

I am now in the process of modifying NetBeans Mobility J2MEUnit module to integrate the patched library.

So far, I have modified the JMUnit Empty Test template and changed some lines of code to include the new library as the default option when using Tools->Create JUnit Test. I'm also planning to include a new wizard for automating the creation of the necessary files to run the tests (MIDlet, TestSuite and TestRunner). I'm going slower than I thought as I'm not very familiar with NetBeans API, but I'll  let you know when I finish it.

Regards,
        Francisco