Jmol version 4 has been released. Jmol is a Java molecular viewer for three-dimensional chemical structures. Features include reading a variety of file types and output from quantum chemistry programs, and animation of multi-frame files and computed normal modes from quantum programs.
The following is a brief list of changes:
- Reading of MOPAC 97 and 2002 files. Formerly, only MOPAC 7 files worked.
- Jmol can now also read files in non-CML with the command "jmol <filename>".
- The PDB reader now also parses CONECT fields and implements Rasmol's perception of bond orders.
- Atoms can now also be colored by their partial atomic charge.
- Addition of a ABINIT reader.
- PDF export.