On Debian the jmol application works fine, but the applet refuses to show the
Looking at the Troubleshooting page of the jmol wiki there I found no
following link gives a hint towards the a networking problem of Java itself:
So I did what was recommended in the first bug report, to set
in the /etc/sysctl.d/bindv6only.conf (maybe Debian only).
And after reboot the jmol plugin worked again.
But I think this may work only as a workaround. Probably Java programmers will
know better where
this problem can be tackled.
So either this solution should be incorporated into the wiki or it is possible
to modify jmol so that
it can work within IPv6.
I hope this will help someone else