Nico, I have committed changes in the Jmol MediaWiki Extension (a list of achievements is
at the end of this post).
Can you please udate the Jmol Wiki?
We don't have a numering system for versions of the Extension, do we? Maybe the date or
the SVN revision nr. is enough.
* Maybe it's time to also update the Jmol version to 11.6 --for one thing, it makes easier to
test the signed applet since it shows the red "Jmol_S" logo.
* In Jmol.php, I've updated the revision date and I've changed the setting of
$wgJmolAuthorizeChoosingSignedApplet and $wgJmolAuthorizeUrl
If you do not want those settings changed, please revert them. I activated both so I (we)
could test the features.
* in Jmol.body.php, I have introduced several changes for fixing things
* in JmolMediaWiki.js I've mainly fixed the pop-up window problems. It now uses
jmolSetDocument(false) so that the page is generated in one go. For that, a rather dirty trick
is filtering the window code received from php. But it seems to work OK, at least as long as
the php code for internal applet generation is not changed.
The fix for the checkboxes is also here, since it is caused by a js library of the MediaWiki, I
thought it should go in a js file too.
I'd vote for removing the jmolBr() after each applet control inserted by the extension, as it
prevents things going side by side e.g. two applets or an applet and a button. The user can
always insert a line break when he wants it, out of the extension tags.
are very obsolete.
On this 3-day holiday weekend I have been playing with a local installation of MediaWiki
and, after despairing several times, I have several fixes/improvements on the Extension,
which I will be committing soon:
* use of signed or unsigned applet, even both in a same page. But we still have the problem
with the signed applet trying to load files from the local file system using the file: protocol
rather than the http:server protocol.
* a fix for inline molecular data in mol and xyz format
* a fix for the checkboxes (that were nonfunctional)
* a fix for the pop-up window with applet, and have it resizable with the window
our door to Wikipedia)
I still have trouble making <wikiPageContents> work. The existing example at works, while
my own, which looks the same, does not.