Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

global security enabled in Websphere

Help
oasis123
2007-06-13
2013-05-02
  • oasis123
    oasis123
    2007-06-13

I install Jmanage to connect to my websphere application but when I enabled global security in websphere jmanage can't connect: what I have to change in Jmanage?

thanks for your help

• Rakesh Kalra
      Rakesh Kalra
      2007-06-15

I have not looked closely into it, but someone who got it to work, sent me the following notes:

1. Installed a WebSphere V6 thin application client, NOT pluggable client
         2. Modified startup.cmd und shutdown.cmd (see examples attached), most important that one lists the required jars in the classpath
         3. Important that the provided JRE is used, this way it is ensured that the correct java.security file is taken (defines security providers for ssl communication). This is ensured by "sourcing" the setupClient.bat file, which sets the WebSphere environment.
         4. In addition one needs to provided a valid soap.client.props file which is referred by setupClient.bat resp. startup.cmd. The property com.ibm.SOAP.securityEnabled=true must be set. Userid, password and hostname and soap port are coming from jmanage, so need not to be set in the properties file.
         5. I have never enabled RMI communication, but in that case you need to modify sas.client.props and refer to it in startup.cmd. Precondition is that jmanage enables RMI.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
      Rakesh

• oasis123
        oasis123
        2007-06-15

Hello Rkalra,

thank you for your help.

How can I access to your attachment files ?

Best regards

• Rakesh Kalra
      Rakesh Kalra
      2007-06-15

These are the files I got from this user:

startup.cmd
      -----------

@rem===========================================================================
      @rem  Copyright 2004-2005 jManage.org. All rights reserved.
      @echo off

call "D:\Program Files\ibm\WebSphere\AppClient\bin\setupClient.bat"

set WAS_CLASSPATH="%WAS_HOME%"\lib\admin.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\bootstrap.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\classloader.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\client.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\emf.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\ffdc.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\j2ee.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\mail-impl.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\management.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\ras.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\sas.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\security.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\soap.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\utils.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\wasjmx.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\wsexception.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\wssec.jar;"%WAS_HOME%"\lib\idl.jar;

echo %WAS_CLASSPATH%
      pause

call setenv.cmd
      if "%JMANAGE_CLASSPATH%" == "" goto finish

"%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java" -ea -classpath %JMANAGE_CLASSPATH%;%WAS_CLASSPATH% %DEBUG_OPTIONS% -Djava.util.logging.config.file=%JMANAGE_HOME%/config/logging.properties -Djmanage.root=%JMANAGE_HOME% -Djava.security.auth.login.config=%JMANAGE_HOME%/config/jmanage-auth.conf -Dorg.jmanage.core.management.data.formatConfig=%JMANAGE_HOME%/config/html-data-format.properties "%CLIENTSOAP%" -Dwas.install.root="%WAS_HOME%" -Dws.ext.dirs="%WAS_EXT_DIRS%" org.jmanage.webui.Startup %*

:finish

shutdown:
      ---------

@rem  Copyright 2004-2005 jManage.org. All rights reserved.
      @echo off

call "D:\Program Files\ibm\WebSphere\AppClient\bin\setupClient.bat"

call setenv.cmd
      if "%JMANAGE_CLASSPATH%" == "" goto finish

"%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java" -ea -classpath %JMANAGE_CLASSPATH% %DEBUG_OPTIONS% -Djmanage.root=%JMANAGE_HOME% org.jmanage.webui.Shutdown %*

:finish