output: both
    debug: on
    profiler-class: com.mentorgen.tools.profile.runtime.Profile
    output-method-signatures: no
    clock-resolution: ms
    output-summary-only: no
    exclude:null
    Accept ClassLoader: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader
    ClassLoaderFilter.1: com.mentorgen.tools.profile.instrument.clfilter.StandardClassLoaderFilter
    Java Interactive Profiler: starting
    ------------------
    INST    com/ashishpaliwal/udp/mina/xml/Main    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/apache/mina/core/service/IoHandler    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/apache/mina/core/filterchain/IoFilter    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/apache/mina/filter/codec/ProtocolCodecFactory    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    com/ashishpaliwal/udp/mina/xml/Main$StopMina    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/slf4j/LoggerFactory    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/slf4j/spi/LoggerFactoryBinder    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/slf4j/ILoggerFactory    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/slf4j/impl/Log4jLoggerFactory    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/slf4j/Logger    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]
    INST    org/apache/log4j/Level    [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader]

Not able to find the output file, as specified in properties file. Did scanned other threads but nothing worked out. Any pointers shall be of great help.

thanks
    ashish

• ashish
      ashish
      2009-04-14

Got the output, but had to call finish.bat. Seems there is a problem with shutdown hook in Eclipse

Also if I used profiler-class=net.sourceforge.jiprof.timeline.TimeLineProfiler, then I get Connection refused: connect, when I call finish.bat. Any suggestion?

thanks
      ashish

• Andrew Wilcox
      Andrew Wilcox
      2009-04-17

Hi Ashish,

First of all, thanks for providing such detailed information. It really make diagnosing problems easier!

To have the profiler use a shutdown hook, you need to set
          remote: off

The TimeLineProfiler is not designed to run interactively, which is why you get a connection refused when you try to shut it down with finish.bat

Andrew.