We are very pleased to announce the release of Jinzora 2.8!
Please refer to our weblog for all details:
The Jinzora team is very excited about the release of Jinzora 2.3.7 which adds support for streaming from Jinzora to mobile devices using the PalmOS and Windows Mobile operating systems. For a complete details on this relelase please our website www.jinzora.com.
- NEW: Added a new "Upgrade" choice in the installer - makes upgrades MUCH simpler!!!
- NEW: Added a Italian transation - thanks to Marco!
- NEW: Added support for the Wimpy AV player to play FLV and SWF video files from Flash
- NEW: Including the demo version of the Wimpy MP3 player to ease in testing and evaluation for users
- NEW: Removed the "Tools" and "Options" drop downs - moving to a new Tools popup page to make the interface cleaner
- CHG: Removed the Linux shoutcast binaries from the package to make it smaller - added to the downloads page
- CHG: Only show the sampler when there is more than 1 album for an artist in Slick
- CHG: Made the streaming limits work with downloads
- BUG: Fixed some small issues with Podcasting
- BUG: Fixed issues with the borders around blocks in Slick
- BUG: Bug fixes with showing similar artist data on the artist/album page
- BUG: Updates to the Joomla Installer files/processes
- BUG: Fixed an issue with images in the embedded Wimpy player
- BUG: Fixed a minor display issue with the right side of block headers in the Slick interface
- BUG: In CMS modes the installer was defaulting to Jukebox mode - changed to Streaming only for default
- BUG: Fixed bugs with the embedded WMP player not resizing for video clips
- BUG: Updated the QT embedded player to work with the new services layout - only supports 1 file at a time, no playlists
- BUG: Bug fixes for the hover colors in CMS modes
- BUG: Bug fixed for the charts showing empty years for albums
- BUG: Bug fixes for clip file creation
- BUG: Fixed an issue with page load times being incorrect
- BUG: Fixed issues with embedded players and the now streaming block
# SEC: Fixed a security issue with Podcasting - CRITICAL ISSUE!
# NEW: Added 'register' button next to login w/ self-registration.
# NEW: Added a new Yahoo Music meta service
# BUG: Updated the Jinzora meata data service to use Yahoo instead of MSNMusic, other meta data bugs addressed
DENVER, Colorado - November 16th, 2005 – Jinzora, the leading provider of web-based media management
solutions released Jinzora 2.3.2 today.
Jinzora, an open source cross-platform, web-based streaming media management application,
enables people to quickly and easily organize and stream their digital music and video to
any internet connected computer. Jinzora 2.3.2 adds the ability to set limits for the amount
of access users have based on the amount of bandwidth they have used. We've also addressed a few small
bugs with lyrics retrevial and downloading of resampled tracks. For a more detailed information see the
drop by downloads (http://www.jinzora.com/pages.php?pn=downloads) page</a> and
visit our forums (http://www.jinzora.com/forums/)<br>... read more
The Jinzora Development Team is very excited to announce the immediate availability of Jinzora 1.0, the premiere web based application for media
streaming and media management. With this release Jinzora reaches a
significant milestone in its development cycle and announces a new partnership with the Reactor Project (http://www.reactorserver.com).
The Reactor Project is a simple to install Apache distribution for Windows that includes some of the best web based open source
software, including MySQL, PHP, Perl, phpMyAdmin, PHP-Nuke and Jinzora. Also available is Reactor Lite, a version of Reactor
including only Apache, PHP, and Jinzora for a quick and easy standalone Jinzora install.... read more
The Jinzora development team is very excited to announce the release of Jinzora 0.9! There are numerous bug fixes and new features in 0.9, some of which are:
* Server side session and individual playlists
* The ability to search for and download album art directly inside Jinzora!
* The ability to view and play tracks wherever they are found (not only in 2 or 3 dir mode)
* The ability to view and individually edit ID3 tags and use the ID3 name tag as the track name
* Added full auto-updating to Jinzora. Makes upgrades even easier!
* Many, many bug fixes!!!
* Check out the Changelog at http://jinzora.jasbone.com/changelog for all the details!... read more
We at Jinzora are very happy to announce the release of Jinzora 0.8.1! There are many new things in this release, check out the http://jinzora.jasbone.com/changelog Changelog for all the details, but there are a few new, notable features.
* ID3 Tags are now written directly from PHP, MUCH faster!
* Many changes to the style sheets giving us much more control over design elements
* Added the ability to sort by and view the year albums were published (if available in the ID3 tag)
* Added random album art from other albums by the same artist when viewing an album
* Added a beta PostNuke Block for Jinzora!... read more
The Jinzora Development Team would like to announce the immediate availability of Jinzora 0.7 There are many, many new features in this release, as well as many bug fixes. Most notably Jinzora will now work with many different directory structures, not just 1.
Enjoy and please let us know if you have any issues at our message forum at:
The Jinzora Development Team
The Jinzora Development Team is happy to anounce the availability of Jinzora 0.6.2! There are several new features in this release, namely updates to the web-based installer (which is also an easy to use upgrader). This should make upgrading to new releases very easy.
Download and enjoy. All feedback is welcome!
The Jinzora Development Team
The Jinzora Development Team is proud to announce the release of Jinzora 0.5 There are a few new features and some bug fixes in this release, but the biggest addition is the new, web-based install wizard. We hope this wizard helps make Jinzora is easiest to install web-based jukebox software out there!
One other noteable feature addition is the inclusion of streaming video support! Basically any format that can stream through HTTP can be added, with AVI, WMV, and MPEG all being used successfully.... read more
The Jinzora Development Team is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of Jinzora 0.4 There have been a few bugs fixed in this release and tons of new features. A few of these new feature are:
* Added full, multi-lingual support. Included language files for Spanish, French, German, and Dutch
* Ability to create custom language files to change the wording anywhere in the application
* Added descriptive text to every level of the application - Genre/Artist/Album/Song
* Added linking to lyrics files for individual songs (if they exist)
* Added user management module - 4 levels of access for multi-user functionality... read more
The Jinzora Development Team would like to announce the release of Jinzora 0.3.1 This is a bug fix release, with only one bug fixed, that is an issue users were having with the include paths. If you are having issues with files not found when loading the main page please download and install this release.
Please let us know if you have any issues with this release. We hope it helps the ones of you experiencing this problem.... read more
The Jinzora Development Team would like to announce the immediate availability of Jinzora 0.3 This latest release fixes several small bugs and adds a few new features, such as completion of the iPod - ephPod sync feature and an upload center to make adding MP3's to the system very fast and easy.
This will be the last release for a while, as the principal developer is heading off for vacation today for 3 weeks. Don't worry we'll be hard at it when he returns!... read more
The Jinzora Development Team would like to announce the availability of 0.3pre2. There is one big addition to this realease, the ability to create a sync file for ephPod to make syncing your collection to an iPod very easy. You can select which artists you'd like to sync and then save the file (syncdirs.dat) to your local machine for ephPod's use. Please see the documentation section on http://jinzora.jasbone.com for all the details!... read more
The Jinzora Development Team would like to announce the availability of 0.3pre release. This is not a fully tested release, and is bleeding edge Jinzora. There are several new features, most notably on-the-fly random play list generation from eith all Genres, Artists, or Albums. There are also new tools added to easily move artists between genres and to dynamically update the ID3v1 or v2 tags on MP3 files (please see the documentation section of http://jinzora.jasbone.com for details)... read more
Today the Jinzora Development Team would like to announce the availability of Jinzora 0.2 This version is a ground up rewrite of Jinzora to make it faster and easier to develop.
There are a few new features, most notably the ability to browse Genre, Artist, Album info via drop down lists in the header. One notable feature not yet included is server side playlists (although 0.3 should be out by the end of the week).... read more