Jin universal binary for OS X?

Matt P
2006-04-15
2013-04-30
  • Matt P
    Matt P
    2006-04-15

Would it be possible to get a universal binary version of Jin for OS X so it can run on Intel Macs?

• Jin is a Java application - it doesn't care whether it's running on an x86 or a PPC processor. As long as you have Java installed, Jin should work as-is.

• Matt P
      Matt P
      2006-04-17

I understand how java works, with apps running in java virtual machines.

The reason I asked is because when I do "Get Info" on the Jin application, it says "Application (PowerPC)" instead of "Application (Universal)". I do have some OS X apps which are written in java which do say "Application (Universal)" in the "Get Info" window.

I've heard some issues about some OS X java apps not running correctly on Intel machines. Here's an Apple Q&A regarding that: http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2005/qa1295.html

• Have you tried running Jin on an Intel Mac? Have you had problems with it?

I think that unless and until people report problems, I'm going to ignore this for now. I don't currently own a Mac myself, but I hope to buy one soon, at which point it will be much easier for me to debug Mac related issues.

• Matt P
      Matt P
      2006-04-18

I haven't, no. I'm just trying to make sure that when I do later this year, all of the apps I use will work.

Thanks for your quick response.