jGuard v1.1.0 beta1 released!
the jGuard team is pleased to announce a new 'experimental' release(v1.1.0 beta1) of the java security library (http://www.jguard.net).
this release is a major release:
all jguard users will have a great benefit to upgrade to this new release.
this library is build on top of JAAS, to securize web applications and standalone applications.
his goal is to provide for developers, an easy way to manage authentication and authorizations.
enhancements since the last 'stable' release (v1.0.0):
- rewrite documentation on docbook to generate different output formats
- decouple HTTP protocol from accessFilter for a future easy JSF integration
- provide audit foundation
- multiple minor bugfixes
- APIs enhancement
=> thanks to Théotime JURZAK for its feedback!
the main jGuard features are :
- stands on java standards (JAAS and jEE): we don't reinvent the wheel
- stands on security standards :enhanced RBAC(from NIST) standard called ABAC
- relies only on java 1.4 and j2ee 1.3 or higher
- can be adapted on any webapp, on any application server, or standalone applications
- does not depend on a web framework, or an AOP framework
- authentications and authorizations are handled by pluggable mechanisms
- changes take effects 'on the fly' (dynamic configuration)
- each webapp has its own authentications and authorizations configuration
- authentications can be configured through XML or databases (Oracle, MySQL,PostgreSQL,DB2,SQL Server)
- support encryption in authentication
- authorizations can be configured through XML or databases(Oracle, MySQL,PostgreSQL,DB2,SQL Server)
- a taglib is provided to protect jsp fragment
- support security manager
a webapp example(called 'jGuardExample') is provided to quickly test jGuard (via Xml configuration files, or Database).
a swing example is provided too.
this project is released under the LGPL licence.
the jGuard web site:
the jGuard homePage on sourceforge:
jGuard forums are open:
easy JAAS integration for j2ee and j2se has gone!
don't reinvent the wheel, use the standards.
Charles GAY(jGuard team).