jGuard v0.80.1 released!
the jGuard team is pleased to announce a new 'stable' release(v0.80.1) of the java security library called jGuard(http://www.jguard.net).
this is a BUG FIX release.
this library is build on top of jaas, for J2EE web applications.
his goal is to provide for webapp developers, an easy way to manage authentication and authorizations.
fixes since the last 'stable' release (v0.80):
- fix javadoc comments which prevent to generate a clean javadoc documentation
- add some missing queries in authentication properties files (related to db2, oracle, hsqldb).
- replace log4j by the commons-logging wrapper into ContextListener
the main jGuard features are :
- clean separation of concerns: authentications are defined by the server administrator and
and authorizations are defined by webapp developers
- relies only on java 1.4 and j2ee 1.3 or higher
- can be adapted on any webapp, on any application server
- does not depend on a web framework, or an AOP framework
- build on top of the very secure and flexible JAAS(http://java.sun.com/products/jaas/)
- authentications and authorizations are handled by pluggable mechanisms
- changes take effects 'on the fly' (dynamic configuration)
- each webapp has its own authentications and authorizations configuration
- authentications can be configured through XML or databases (Oracle, MySQL,PostgreSQL,DB2,SQL Server)
- support encryption in authentication
- authorizations can be configured through XML or databases(Oracle, MySQL,PostgreSQL,DB2,SQL Server)
- a taglib is provided to protect jsp fragment
- support security manager
- JCaptcha integration
- support multiple authentication schemes at the same time
a webapp example(called 'jGuardExample') is provided to quickly test jGuard (via Xml configuration files, or Database).
you can find
documentation is provided under the doc/jguard.sourceforge.net/ directory (look at the index.html file with your browser).
this project is released under the LGPL licence.
every users and project members are welcomed!
the jGuard web site:
the jGuard homePage on sourceforge:
jGuard forums are open:
easy JAAS integration for j2ee has gone!
Charles GAY(jGuard team).