From: Neil Rotstan <neil@bl...> - 2003-01-16 08:10:50
JGAP 0.32 is a maintenance release that primarily includes optimizations
to increase performance and reduce memory consumption. Minor enhancements
and fixes, as well as additions to the documentation, are also included.
Please see the list of changes included at the end of this announcement
for an overview of fixes and enhancements contained in this release.
Please note that version 0.32 is considered an alpha release and is
therefore not feature complete and may contains bugs.
Version 0.32 of JGAP can be downloaded from the JGAP home page, which can
be found at http://jgap.sourceforge.net
If you run into any problems or have any questions, we encourage you to
send an email to the jgap-users mailing list at:
Thanks for trying JGAP!
--The JGAP Team
Changelog for version 0.32
* Added new document on creating custom Alleles in the docs/
* Modified WeightedRouletteSelector to represent the "wheel" as an
array just prior to selection of Chromosomes in order to increase
* Modified ReproductionOperator to simply add the Chromosomes from
the population directly into the pool of candidate chromosomes,
rather than making a copy of each one and adding the copy, in order
to increase speed and reduce memory consumption.
* Switched pooling from Alleles to Chromosomes. Removed AllelePool
class and added ChromosomePool class. Also added generic Pool class,
which ChromosomePool uses.
* WeightedRouletteSelector now pools its internal SlotCounter
instances to save memory.
* Updated various Javadocs and comments that were dated, less
helpful, or simply wrong.
* Made various minor code changes to increase efficiency or improve
* Modified TestGenetics to only display the most fit Chromosome at
the end, rather than dumping the entire Genotype.
* Added "debug" target to Ant build script so that debug versions of
the JGAP classes can be easily built.
* Updated the copyright notices on all files.
* Updated the README file.