I'm the poster of http://www.jfree.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16309 and now I've created my own "RasteredXYRenderer" based on the StandardXYItemRenderer.
So what do I have to do now ?
I'm using the LGPL code of StandardXYItemRenderer so I've to release the code.
But how and in which form ?
1. Post the changes in the jfreechart-forum ? or the mailing list ?
2. Post the entire Renderer in the jfreechart-forum ? or the mailing list ?
3. Send you the code, so you can integrate it into the XYLineAndShapeRenderer ?
4. Send you the code, so you can release it as an own renderer ?
What did I do ?
- I added code, that all the points are aligned to a grid. If there is already a point at the location, it will get relocated to the "nearest" point available.
- The point values are from calculated from the transX1 & transY1 values before they get drawn on the dataArea in the drawItem-method.
Because of the raster-management it has a few private variables needed (tracking the raster, managing the grid-size etc.)
Unfortunatley I'm not working on the latest CVS-checkout (I'm having problem with the checkout from sourceforge.net). My version is: 1.18 2005/06/02 14:07:01.
In addition I wrote you four month ago that I would like to join the jfreechart development team (as a part time developer). How can I participate and on what level ?
Thanks and best regards,
PS: I've got a compile error on "getLegendItemURLGenerator()" and "result = new LegendItem(....)"... I've commented out these lines (the compile errors were also in the original file. Any Idea ?).