JFaceDbc 3.0 is available as a commercial product at www.jfacedbc.com.
JFaceDbc is no more an open source package.
It's a big amount! Thanks to all people using JFaceDbc.
SQL queries can be cancelled (if JDBC drivers allow it!) - Connection Info View displays all available db infos. - robustness has been improved - fixed bug on closing connections
- Gef is no longer required as it's included inside JFaceDbc. That should mean less setup issues.
- Small Improvements to the Hibernate extension
- Better support for Eclipse 3.0M5
- Added public methods to SessionTreeNode
- support multiple result-sets
- Oracle plugin has new wizard to execute stored procedures, function and packages
- Support for Eclipse 3.0M5
- Graphical Database Visualizer (using GEF)
- Table Direct Editing
- explain plan visualizer for the Oracle Plugin
- getting database metadata has been time-improved.
Bugs and Improvements:
- Fixed bugs n. 812964, 803088,800325, 815624
- RFE 817190, 811660
I've just submitted a new binary file for release 2.0. There are not changes in the source files.
Release 2.0 is broken, there are a couple of issues related to directory names. I'll release a new version to fix these problems
Created an update site at http://jfacedbc.sourceforge.net/update-site/site.xml.
New Plugin: support for Sybase and Sql Server.
New Plugin: sql editor enhancement.
Documentation: updated the docs.
Bug fixed: the 'more rows' action didn't work some times because the result set was closed.
Bug fixed: the column in the sql history view can be resized.
Added a new view containing the sql history
Catalog support: You can switch the database catalog inside the SQL Editor
Extension API: support for database with catalogs
Database structure view: In the Columns tab, the data can be sorted clicking on the column headers
Bug fixed: it's possible to sort the result set by clicking on the column headers.
Completely re-written the user interface so that JFaceDbc should be perfectly integrated with Eclipse. There is no more a stand-alone application: JFaceDbc can be run only as an Eclipe Plugin.
An improved version, with some bug fixed.
JFaceDbc 1.2 has been released.
Improved the Oracle Extension (editing of procedures,functions,packages,triggers). Fixed bug 707046 and RFE 714125 (running JFaceDbc with jdk1.3). A little work on the docs
15.000 Download since June 2002. Not bad, in my opinion.
JFaceDbc 1.2rc2 Released. New Features:
Bug closed: too many cursors opened
Improved SQL code completion of table names
Added "Clear" button on sql editor
Added a context menu on the database tree structure
Added a Foreign Key tab view
History pages can be closed
Fixed all problems with version1.2b2
- Fixed bug N. 667764 (alias deleting not working)
- Preferences are integrated in Eclipse
- Fixed db2 driver class name
JFaceDbc 1.2beta1 Released: now JFaceDbc can be used as an Eclipse perspective.
Added the history panel, showing all the previous queries. Connections can now be auto-commit.
Released JFaceDbc 1.2alpha1.
1) an oracle extension.
2) sintax highlighting of table and columns names.
3) autocomplete of table names (Ctrl+ Backspace)
JFaceDbc 1.0.1 has been released.