I suppose this is technically a feature request, but the feature in question is so horribly broken that it verges on being a bug. Here's the issue.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch jEdit. Open a file of some sort.
2. Open the Search and Replace dialog using Search | Find... or similar.
3. Perform a search and replace operation.
4. Close the Search and Replace dialog.
5. Reopen the Search and Replace dialog.
The Search and Replace dialog should display the previous search parameters in both the Search for and Replace with fields.
The dialog only displays the previous entry in the Search for field, and leaves the Replace with field blank. This is extremely annoying.
jEdit 4.2pre15 on Mac OS X 10.5.5.