Version from About page: "jEdit 5.0pre1 server mode, using Sun Microsystems Inc. Java 1.6.0_27"
Platform: Ubuntu 12.10 with all the latest patches and Awesome WM
How to reproduce:
1. Install openjdk-6-jre and openjdk-7-jre.
2. Run `sudo update-alternatives --config java`.
3. Choose "/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java".
4. Run `jedit`.
- Buffer widget not aligned with window, and a gray box for the Options window. See screenshots.
- Mouse pointer misalignment. That is, when I move the mouse around in a menu it highlights items which are not where the mouse pointer is displayed. This gets worse with more mouse movement.
Workaround: Select "/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java" as the Java option.