jEdit 4.4.2 with Java 1.6.0-23 on Solaris 10.
I submitted bug report #3406213 describing this problem for 4.4.1. Evan Wright fixed it for 4.4.2, and I tested it at home and was happy. Now that we have finally begun using 4.4.2 at work (and therefore used it more) I have realized that the fix was not perfect. It works much better now than in 4.4.1, but the problem still remains to a lesser degree.
How to reproduce (and note that I have not fully understood when the problem occurs - just adding and removing one or two lines in the very simple example below changes the behaviour):
* Create a new text file with the following contents (dots represent spaces, and the line numbers are for reference only and should not be entered):
* Select folding mode Indent, and collapse all folds. Only lines 1 and 4 are now visible.
* Place the caret on line 1 and perform "Go to Line" 5.
* The second folding opens so that line 5 is visible (which is good), but it is line 4 that is selected - not line 5 (which is not so good).
Same thing if you enter "b1" in the "incremental search" field (or whatever it is called), or search for it using the "Search & Replace" dialog.