Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Aeris XR-2

Help
terry
2012-04-23
2012-12-06
  • terry
    terry
    2012-04-23

Just bought an Aeris XR-2 and want to download to jdivelog on ubuntu.   Any chance of a driver for this computer?

• André Schenk
    André Schenk
    2012-04-25

Looks bad. You could follow the libdivecomputer status page. If this tool adds support for your computer then maybe there is a chance to add a driver to JDiveLog.

Best regards,

André

• terry
    terry
    2012-04-25

Hi Andre.

Thanks for that info.  I had looked at the libdivecomputer "about" page and it lists the XR2 as a supported computer so I was hoping it was possible, but of course I'm WAY out of my league when it comes to this stuff so I don't quite get how it's supported yet there's no backend.    Guess I'll have to do more reading.

Oceanic, Aeris, Sherwood, Hollis, Genesis and Tusa (Pelagic)

VT Pro, Versa Pro, Pro Plus 2, Wisdom, Atmos 2, Atmos AI, Atmos Elite, …
        Veo 250, Veo 180Nx, XR2, React Pro, DG02, Insight, …
        Atom 2.0, VT3, Datamask, Geo, Geo 2.0, Veo 2.0, Veo 3.0, Pro Plus 2.1, Compumask, Elite T3, Epic, Manta, IQ-900 (Zen), IQ-950 (Zen Air), IQ-750 (Element II)

• terry
    terry
    2012-04-27

Hi Andre.

Noticed on the Diving Log forum that the backend for the veo 250 will work. 

>For the Aeris XR2, you need to use the "veo250" app, not the "vtpro" one.
    >Try downloading by selecting "Oceanic Veo 250" from the list of dive computers.
    >libdvecomputer developer

So maybe a a chance to add the XR2?

Terry

• André Schenk
    André Schenk
    2012-04-27

Hi Terry,

downloading the data would only be the first step. Do you know if there is some documentation available how to interpret it?

Best regards,

André