CVS Commit: BTree reports size with long.

• Bryan Thompson
    Bryan Thompson

- The size() method has been deprecated.
    - An entryCount() method has been added.
    - The persistent form has been modified in a backward compatible manner per Kevin's suggestion.
    - The comparator is exposed by getComparator().

• Alex Boisvert
      Alex Boisvert

I am in the process of cleaning up some Eclipse-reported warnings, such as missing serialVersionUID's, deprecated method calls (BTree#size to BTree#entrycount) and other little nagging things.

For some reason, CVS is slow as molasse right now so this might take a little while.

• Kevin Day
        Kevin Day

OK - after you get that done, I'm going to commit my key compression stuff - I'm getting tired of keeping the patches up to date as you gents make changes :-)

I'd appreciate it if anyone can take a look at the code and provide any constructive criticism, etc...

Also, I noticed that I inadvertently commited the patch that optimizes free record lookups, so we are all running with that change right now (you may have noticed that batch inserts with transactions turned off are insanely faster now).

I would also like to request a quick review of that patch - I'm dinking with some fairly low lever stuff, and I want to make sure I haven't violated any design intent.

The easiest way to see what changes I'm making for these is to take a look at the patches:

BTree key compression:

If the changes to FLRIDP look good, I'll want to make similar changes to the FreePhysicalRowIDPage implementation so updates that increase record size are done more efficiently also.

Thanks all,

- K